Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 10.

Assalamualaikum, 

It's been 10 days since Ramadhan started, well it's the 10th day of fasting here in Egypt at least, since we started a day earlier than most of the world. I'll be fasting an extra day this year (31 days) since I'll be going back to Malaysia in a week and since they started a day later than here, they'll end it a day later as well.

Personally, for this year's first 9 days Ramadhan I've been very off, lethargic and unproductive. Compared to last year, I've hardly gotten anything going. This is of course from the 'ibadah and 'amal point of views. I'm too lazy to explain in detail. Lets just settle with I'm not happy with how I've been spending my time these past few days. Hopefully the rest of the month (starting today) won't be so dire and dull.
_________________________________________

I've started with work outs and guitar again.

I haven't continued reading Orhan Pamuk's My Name is Red yet.


That's all.
_________________________________________

I was reminded of the smell of a real hospital this week. The smell of sterilizing agents and medicine circulating in air conditioned rooms and hallways. The story was; I went to the ER to accompany a friend who's been having chronic stomach problems. Also the first visit in quite a while for non-academic purposes.
_________________________________________

I honestly need new things to do in my life. I've had to force myself to jump out of bed and search for, or think of things to do far too many times recently. Something interesting or something that can get me going for more than 20 minutes. I lose interest in too many things after 20 minutes of doing it; movies, books, games. Only music can keep my interest as long as the lyrics doesn't start touching any sensitive subjects.
_________________________________________

And while we're on the subject of music, the current artist I'm dipping my toes into are She & Him, who has Zooey Deschanel on lead vocals. They're good, but in an alternative, pop & folky kind of way.



And speaking of Zooey Deschanel, I've been having a marathon (a very slow moving and ending one) of her movies. I have a system of how I chose to watch the movies I do but I'll explain that in another post (hopefully).


In every movie she's been in, she's been cast as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, aka indie girls with bangs and commitment issues that eventually allow their leading men to realize their real-life dreams. EVERY SINGLE MOVIE! Okay, maybe not so much a MPDG in 'Our Idiot Brother' but from 'Hitchhikers Guide' all the way till '500 Days of Summer'(which I think is a movie dedication to her MPDG) as well as her current New Girl series, she's this childlike, awkward, clumsy, goofy girl who just hasn't got a grip on real life but still manages to look adorable while at it. 


I'm really quite off with my words so I'll just let this article explain (Also, I'm feeling lazy).

Why don't you sit right down and stay a while?
We like the same things and I like your style,
It's not a secret, why do you keep it?
I'm just sitting on the shelf.


Bored again :/


No comments:

Post a Comment